There are times when I surprise myself. This dinner worked but honestly, it was all ass, and no class. Do you have days when you just fluke an awesome meal?
[ SERVES: 6 | TIME: 15 MIN | COST: <$5 ]
[ JOES' RATING: 3.5/5 | MY RATING: 3.5/5 ]
Equal portions vegetables. We used:
- Sweet Potato
- Baby Broccoli
300 ml Vegetable Stock
shaved Romano cheese
1 tablespoon corn flour
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine as directed.
- Boil the vegetables gently in the stock until they are cooked. Do not over cook.
- Mix a little corn flour and water in a glass and slowly add into vegetable mixture until desired thickness has been attained. Stir continually to avoid uneven glugginess.
- Drain pasta and stir through vegetables and sauce. Season and garnish with shaved cheese.
- Quick, easy and delicious. A great way of using up left over vegetables at the end of the shopping week.
- Diabetic Note: The pasta is a little scary, so watch your serving size.
- Ethical Note: Using up all your vegetables with meals like this is a great way to reduce your waste. Better for your hip pocket too!
- Easy Tips to Get 9 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables Per Day (massageenvy.com)
- Chicken, Chia and Couscous (mizrhi.wordpress.com)
- Roast Vegetables with Couscous (mizrhi.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Sausage Pasta (curlybug.wordpress.com)
- Leftovers & Pasta surprise! (mizrhi.wordpress.com)