Sometimes, clean fresh flavours are what inspires me the most. Don’t get me wrong; there is always a place for technique, but there is something delightful about pure ingredients. This quick slap together lunch is a classic example.
[ Serves: 2 | Time: 15 Minutes | Cost: $3 ]
[ Brittanys Rating: 4.5 / 5 | My Rating: 4.5 / 5 ]
1 bunch bok choy
1 bunch pak choy
1 bunch baby broccoli
1 zucchini, sliced thick
1 handful green beans
chilli flakes to taste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
¼ teaspoon stevia or 1 teaspoon sugar
- Steam the vegetables in stages so they are cooked but still fresh and crisp on the plate.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and toss the vegetables in a bowl with the sauce. Ensure the vegetables are coated well with the sauce.
- Serve hot in a bowl with or without noodles. Sprinkle with chilli to taste.
- Yum. Enough said!
- Diabetic Note: No drama at all with this plate. If you are insulin dependent, add some noodles for carbs.
- Ethical Note: Raw or near raw, fresh, and local. So awesome.